I swear, they just keep happening.
Anyway, there’s a bug in Crimson Rafflesia Demo 0.5 which freeze the game at the car scene. To remedy it, try this link instead (http://www.mediafire.com/?hiuz7g39cscgxgv). Thanks and sorry for the trouble!
It’s here – only demo 0.5, which cuts pretty early, but I thought it’s the only way I can release something before Christmas, heh, since some wondered if something could be released in December. I’ll release a Demo 1.0 later which cuts at a more appropriate and less… cliffhangery point. I promise. Once I’m done with all the art and programming for that. Meanwhile, hope you enjoy this as much as I enjoyed making it!
Compatible with Windows, Mac and Linux.
- 7 CGs (40+ including variations – yes, I know.)
- Music and background images shamelessly begged and taken from random sources — yes, I know.
- People monologuing at lot–
- Which leads to 8,000+ words–
- I’m sorry. 😛
- I’ll release a longer, better version that doesn’t cut at such a ridiculous place next time. That’s why this is still demo 0.5.
Just for fun, in the actual Demo 1.0 I plan to open a (joke) bonus room where some of the characters can answer questions posted by players. You can also ask me about what the heck is going on in my stupid bored mind when I thought up of this nonsense, so send me any questions (preferably at firstname.lastname@example.org instead of as a comment), and they might be included in the game!
As of 20th of December, 2012:
Replaced the download with a smaller-sized, more attractive download. Only changes are the car background, and the game size.
This demo does not include any new content beyond Demo 2.00, but fixes many major bugs such as:
- You can now access the inventory, equipment etc. menu and save accordingly without breaking the game.
- Your game no longer crashes due to “coles-gate.mp3” not being found.
- Your game no longer crashes due to missing files.
- Demo Ending screen appears at the appropriate moment, instead of having the game loop non-stop.
I just retested the game and realized that there is a major bug – you can’t open your inventory in the latest demo. To fix it, please install this patch by following these instructions:
1) DOWNLOAD PATCH 2.02-d HERE
2) Extract Game.rgssad from the patch folder.
3) Replace the Game.rgssad file from your game folder with the new Game.rgssad
Again, I am sorry for the problems caused. If you run into any more bugs, please do contact me at email@example.com so that I can fix it as soon as possible. Thank you so much, and enjoy your game!
EDIT-b: Replaced the link. The old one leads to an old patch which doesn’t work.
EDIT-c: Replaced link with 2.02-c.
EDIT-d: Hopefully the final patch. Replaced link with 2.02-d. This will hopefully get rid of all missing file errors.
Some new promotional images:
More can be found on my DeviantArt account.